The Truth Why You Are Not Making Money Online!Written by Brian D. Hawkins from http://hotblogtips.com/ on June 28th, 2009 | 9 Comments
As administrator of YourAdTracker.com I know why most of our member cancellations occur. When we receive a cancellation notice from PayPal I often log in and take a peek at the member’s account. I am no longer surprised when I see dozens of tracking links with very little or, many times, no hits. It’s very common to see fifty trackers and not a single hit on any of them. I hate to be so blunt but, clearly, these are members that had no idea what they where doing and probably gave up. Other cancellations happen when the member doesn’t have adequate funds in their PayPal account and PayPal cancels the payment subscription. Again, a strong indicator that the member isn’t making enough money online. If they are unable to keep less than five dollars in the account there is a good chance they are not enjoying the online success they had hoped.
Here’s where my dilemma comes in. Frankly, there are plenty of people that can and will quickly take the place of the lost members. In business that is common practice – to simply move onto the next member. I’m a little hard-headed on some things and I don’t want to just re-cycle members. I would like to help as many members as I can before they give up. Over six months ago I posted ‘My Personal Offer Of Help‘ and few took advantage of it. That offer still stands. Have a question about what you are doing to earn money online? Just ask!
A huge percentage of our members are having little luck at profiting online. According to our own poll, 45% are not making any money online and another 35% are not even making enough to cover expenses. That’s an 80% failure rate. I keep every member’s information completely private so I will not show any details as to which sites and programs anyone is using but I can make some general observations.
I’ve been around a long time and I went many years struggling to make any money at all using the internet. I would spend eight, ten and even twelve hours a day online without making a penny for months at a time. There are some cold hard truths that I had to face before I began making any steady profit. These are generalizations and many are going to resist and disagree but I truly believe them to be the honest truth.
- First, you have to treat your online business just like any other business. It takes commitment, research, and yes, some investment in order to succeed. If you are using only free methods to promote what you are doing then you are doing yourself a huge disservice.
- Don’t fall for those marketing emails and online promotions you see everyday. When you hear that marketer say you can earn up to ten thousand a month simply close the page. How do they get away with all the far fetched lies? Look at the disclaimers and you will understand. The truth is that over ninety percent of them are flat broke themselves and have no idea what they are talking about. They are just hoping you are just a little dumber than they are. Hey, someone has to say this!
- If you are using a free web hosting page or have no site at all you might want to ask yourself why. Everyone else already knows. How many successful people do you see raking in virtual dollars on Blogspot or some advertisement laced free website? If you can’t see the value of having your own website for just a few dollars a month and your own domain for around ten dollars a year how can you ever convince anyone to buy anything from you?
- I am horrified at the programs I see our lost members trying. It’s none of my business and I can’t jump in and scream, “What are you thinking” but I want to. Let me list a few that I believe are a waste of time.
- FFA: The worst is FFA (Free for All) sites. I highly recommend you stay as far away from these as possible. Don’t sign up for them, don’t promote them and never ever place your site on one. They are simply and completely a waste of time at best. The only people that a FFA works for are the ones that own them.
- Surfing Sites: I have actually made several thousand dollars from surfing. That is, until the federal government came in and froze everyone’s accounts, shut the sites down and arrested the owner. Most surfing sites are completely legal because money isn’t exchanging hands. If it is, close your account and get away from the site. ALL surfing sites are a waste of time if you are surfing for free exposure. Not a few, not most of them but EVERY SINGLE surfing site you join is another nail in your virtual coffin. I can’t get any clearer than that. Anyone that wants to argue with that needs to prove it or shut up.
- Cash Gifting Programs: This is another one where you want to scream, “What are you doing!“. Gifting programs are scams. I don’t care what kind of spin or tweak the site tries to put on it to make it legal it’s going to get shut down if the owner doesn’t take the money and run first, which they probably will. Don’t Get Suckered Into Gifting Programs
- Multi-level Marketing/Pyramid Schemes: This one is going to upset a few people. Sure, there have been a few millionaires made from MLM, I even know a couple of them. Let me just say this: If you have tried other MLM programs in the past with no luck, in all likelihood you won’t do well with the one you are in now. Don’t waste your time. Find something legitimate and real so you can actually make a little money.
- Forex Scams: Another scam. Never participate in one. Forex scam
- Ad Blasters: A very shady advertising scam to avoid at all costs. Ad Blasters Are Dag-Blasted Junk!
- Buying Traffic: Think about it, if someone had an unlimited supply of ‘real‘ traffic why wouldn’t they be the next Google or Yahoo? Instead they’re going to sell it to you at a very deep discount? Come on, you are smarter than that. Buying Traffic Is A Waste Of Time
It’s not just scams that are the problem. Many people do very well with affiliate programs. Most of them already have a respected presence on the net with developed lists and established websites. If you don’t receive a lot of traffic and don’t know how to market yet then I recommend you start learning before you try earning. Very few are going to get rich overnight online.
The truth is it takes a lot of effort, dedication, time and again, an investment. I’m amazed at the people that wonder why they aren’t making money yet they don’t visit their own site for weeks at a time. They golf, go bowling or watch TV every night and check their email a few times a week. That’s not dedication, that’s a person who’s desire is over-ruled by cheap immediate gratification.
Then there are those that are just the opposite. This is where I fell into a few years ago. They spend almost every waking minute working online. Spend thousands of dollars on useless junk that doesn’t work and get no where fast. They eat at the computer, take phone calls and even watch TV while doing online tasks. When they aren’t online they are thinking about their online business yet never make any significant money. Dedication isn’t enough, you have to have an idea as to what you are doing.
One final note: Once you have a legitimate site/program that truly has a profit potential you need to promote it. I don’t mean joining some safelist or tweeting it to death. Your Facebook or MySpace pages may look great but it’s not going to help. You need to learn where your buyers are and promote to them where they are at. You need targeted traffic for your sales page. Your sales page needs to be designed properly for your specific target market. You need to have an entire system setup that works for your niche and product. These are the things to concentrate on and learn about. Wasting your time on some guru’s affiliate program is just slowing you down if you don’t already have your system established.
I didn’t write this post to bash anyone or to blow off steam. I just want to help our members get what they are looking for and I apologize if I have offended anyone. I’m hear to help. If you need help with your online business see My Personal Offer Of Help or go directly to Just Ask Someone and ask away.